This month was a very slow reading month for me! I have been slumping hard and have been lacking the motivation to read, I hope it changes soon! 😦 As I read a dismal 1.5 books this month!
- It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover. This is an adult contemporary book. This book was very emotional and sparked my discussion about trigger warnings. My rating is 4/5.
- Lisette’s pairs Notebook by Catherine Bateson. This is a YA contemporary, I am currently only about half way through. I actually won this book as a part of a prize pack from Allen and Unwin Australia. It is pretty cutesie so far about a 3/5.
So my reading may have been dismal this month but thanks to that I had a really good watching month. I managed to watch quite a few different things and I really enjoyed them all! 🙂
- The Christmas Chronicles. Yes I have started watching Christmas movies already. And you know what? I loved this one! A solid 5/5.
- Charmed (original), most of season 1.
- Riverdale, season 2 and season 3 so far.
- The chilling adventures of Sabrina , some of season 1.
- The Bold type, season 1 & 2.
- The Last ship, season 1 and 2.
I am pretty pleased with what I managed to get out on the blog during November. Mostly because of my discussion post. I don’t know why but I don’t come up with discussion posts easily and sometimes when I do I think maybe no one else will find them interesting. But I was really happy with how this one turned out and the discussion it started!
Tag: The Mid Autumn festival tag
Review: It Ends With US by Colleen Hoover
Discussion: The importance of trigger warnings
I am still busy planning my wedding! We are less than 3 months out now so everything is getting down to the fine details and I am very excited and anxious for everything to go right. We finally sent out the invitations and now I am just stressfully running around trying to make sure I don’t forget anything! Work has also been pretty stressful lately as we have been low on staff. But on the up side we will have new staff to help out in the new year and I got my first ever promotion!! Look at me being and adult and stuff! 🙂
How did I go on my goals for November:
Read at least 4 books.HAHA what a absolute fail! Fingers crossed for better luck in December!
- Post on my blog at least 4-6 times. – So I might not have reached the amount of posts I wanted to but I am actually pretty proud of the content so I would call that a win!
- Finalise all things wedding related. – Again not everything is done but we have been making heaps of progress lately so another win!
- Reach out/ get involved with more publishers/ companies I love. (not sure how realistic or how I will go about this! But we shall see!) – I have recently been given some amazing advice and support from some amazing bookstagram friends in the whole working with publishers and putting yourself out there thing. So I am excited to try to put it into action and see where it goes!
- Comment more on other blogs/ bookstagram & interact more in general. – I have definitely worked really hard on this one! So goal completed but it is something I intend to keep up!
Drink more water/ eat healthier!– Like always I tried and failed haha there is always December right? Try to stress less and relax more. – HAHA with the wedding and work I think not!
- Read at least 4 books
- Post at least 4 times on the blog. And start to make plans for the blog for next year!
- Keep working on trying to make more bookish connections and putting myself out there.
- Drink more water/ eat healthier!
- Enjoy the holidays with my family and at least for those days try not to stress!
How did November treat you guys? Favourite book you read this month? Anything you are excited to read in December? Any goals for December? As always, happy reading and watching!