Hello lovelies! How have you all been? I know it’s been a while, but I am back and have the audacity to set myself some bookish related goals for 2020. In the past I haven’t shared my goals or even really set any as I was so not sure if I could really achieve anything on these platforms, whether my voice was unique enough and *insert a list of other self-doubts here* also I am such a huge mood reader how do you even set goals around that?
But this year I have decided to say screw it I want to un-apologetically strive for my goals and do the things that make me happy and bring a fire to my belly. whether I succeed or flop at least I can say I tried and hopefully this year is a year of growth and change for the better!
Now when I say bookish goals, I mean goals including and in relation to reading, book blogging, bookstagram and booktube. So I will break them down under these segments so let’s get started:
I have very limited goals for reading as being a big mood reader is still a huge facet of my personality and really does dictate what and how much I read but going with the theme screw it lets make some anyways!
- I want to read 50 books this year and that is what I have set my Goodreads reading challenge to. If you would like to follow along with me on Goodreads you can do so here.
- I want to try and catch up on all old review books and read and review any new ones by the due date.
- I would like to read more nonfiction/ self-help material in order to help my growth and educate myself more.
This year my blog will turn 4 years old! Have I been blogging constantly throughout that time? Clearly not! I have had so many hiatuses it’s not even funny! So, for those of you from the OG days thanks for sticking around I owe you one. My goals for my blog stem from wanting to really get back into blogging and start giving it my all. I want to at least be consistent and see where it goes from there.
- Post at least 3 times a month (doesn’t seem like much at all I know but if I manage this it will be huge for me!).
- Review every book I read in 2020 and post it here and then on Goodreads.
- Write/create and post more discussions and original content not just reviews and lists/tags etc. (although I still will do these too).
- Reach 500 subs/followers on the blog. (I know it’s not about the numbers, but I would love to connect more with this community and share content I am proud of).
My bookstagram also turns 4 years old this year! I love bookstagram it’s honestly been one of the best communities to me and I can wait to see what 2020 has in store for us all. if you want to hand out on insta this year you can find me here.
- I want to continue to have fun with my new theme I just launched today! And to not be scared to change it up when the desire comes my way.
- I want to post at least once every 2 days.
- I want to use stories more and to produce more story templates for everyone to use.
- I want to reach 2k followers. I know this is probably the biggest goal on the list but hey a girl can dream right??
I started my booktube at the end of last year. I wanted to try out a new part of bookish social media and learn some new skills and test my creativity. I really did enjoy the process but unfortunately life got in the way and I kind of fell off the band wagon for a bit! So, I only have one goal for this:
- Start making booktube content again
And that’s it these are my bookish related goals for 2020! Thank you all for sticking around in 2019 (for the like two posts I made) and I hope we all have an awesome bookish year this year!
Do you have any bookish goals for 2020? Share them with me in the comments below! Or just wish me luck for my crazy ambitious list! Until next time happy watching and reading!