This Month I managed to read 4 books. Me being a pretty slow reader this is pretty good for me. I know it’s nothing compared to what some others can manage to get through. But I am just happy to be out of my slump and really enjoying this again. So in the month of April I read:
- A court of thrones and roses by Sarah J. Maas. This is a YA fantasy it was a reread and my rating is 4/5.
- A court of mist and fury by Sarah J. Maas. YA fantasy it was a reread and my rating is 5/5.
- A court of wings and ruin by Sarah J. Maas. YA fantasy it was a reread and my rating is 4.5/5.
- The princess saves herself in this one by Amanda Lovelace. Poetry. First read. My rating was 3.5/5.
This month was an ok month for watching both movies and TV shows. I managed to watch a couple of movies. My TV watching however was a little more sporadic. Some shows I managed to watch regularly others I only watched a few episodes. What I did watch however is very varied as what I felt like seemed to change a lot this month.
- A quiet place (2018). First time watch. 5/5 rating.
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017). First time watch. 4/5 rating
- What happens in Vegas (2008). Re-watch. 3.5/5 rating
- Love child. Re-watch S1.
- Sons of Anarchy. Re-watch S1 and S2 start of S3.
- American horror story. Finished S4 started S5.
- The Charlotte show. S1 as airs.
- Jersey shore family vacation. S1 as airs.
- The Voice AU. S7 auditions as airs.
So considering I finally found my passion and motivation and my way back to blogging after a completely unannounced, unplanned hiatus. I would say this is a pretty good blogging month! I would just like to say thank you to so many of you for welcoming me back with open arms it feels like I never left. I do truly love this little community and all that we represent.
Since coming back I managed to post 4 posts, all of which I am pretty happy with. If I had to pick a favourite for the month though it would be my review of A quiet place. It just has all the emotions while remaining spoiler free!
R.I.P it or Ship it – My first post back after hiatus quick and fun!
Book Shelf tour – A guide to my much loved book room.
Review – A quiet place (spoiler free)
TAG – The Sims tag
There really haven’t been any big life events this month. I love that I feel more passionate again about my hobbies, reading, blogging, bookstagram. The only major thing that is happening at the moment is I am busy planning my wedding! We are down to about 9 months out now so everything has finally started moving and we have a solid vision. We met with our wedding planner the other weekend she is so awesome and helps me organise everything and really focus on what we want. Which for someone who is prone to stressing as much as me is such a good thing. I can’t wait to see how it all turns out and to marry the man of my dreams. Anyways other than that it is pretty much work, home, sleep and repeat haha.
Goals for May:
I think since I just got back into all this I am going to try to keep these relatively simple. They are a mix between blogging, reading and life goals.
- Read at least 4 books.
- Post a blog at least 1-2 times a week.
- Do/ plan more review posts.
- Comment more on other blogs/ bookstagrams & interact more in general.
- Set in stone more stuff for the wedding!
- Try to stress less and relax more.
How did April treat you guys? Favourite book you read this month? Did you catch all of my posts? What are your goals for May? Happy reading and watching!